KPNV

in glob we blog

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Material World


Happy Camper

Karim Carry Posted by Hello

Moooahhahahahahhaha! Yes I got new stuff! First of all, my new Camper shoes arrived from Italy! Spent $150 dollars on it, about half the price at the store in Taka. If you haven't already checked out Camper, you have to. They make the most delightful shoes. Buying from Europe is the thing to do. Its cheaper. I got mine shipped from an Italian online retailer. In fact, I could even buy from the Camper online store and it'd be cheaper than buying from the store in Taka. If I used vPostUSA, I can actually save on shipping. I worked out the costs to be around $250, still $50 less than going down to the physical store itself...

OK, so anyway, my other new item came from an actual physical store. Taka had a sale on for some products at the XTRA counter, where they sell Alessi and other designer stuff. So I bought the Karim Rashid KASE, a pretty handy and comparatively inexpensive briefcase. It just looks so funky and stylish. Nevermind that its got no compartments and its made of plastic, gets dirty easily etc etc etc. Some people are just too functional. Its just $38! Its form is just to die for. Everyone was staring at Wenhui, when she was walking round with it. I actually saw this like really long ago (last year I think) but never really wanted to buy it. Maybe the 15% discount was enough to convince me. On a side note, I'm now spying on the Bouroullec Brothers' Valise folder/briefcase. In green, so I can like switch around as and when I please. I didn't buy it cos it was 50 bucks after the discount. I figured one was enough. Oh regret! I'd hate to go back and find it sold out. Its also rather superflous really. Its fine as a folder carrying documents, but its useless as a bag really. Once you drop stuff in, you'd have to dig around to get it out. Also at $50, its just a tad too expensive. But then again, its not everyday you find really stylish carriers.

Next up? Clothes! A few pairs of jeans. G-Stars and Edwins. Faded black and distressed, pinstriped or patterned/detailed. Craploads of tops, from Paul Smith, Paul Frank, Topshop, Zara etc. I need clothes. I feel like shopping. I need money. I need a frickin job! My first paycheck is going to Mr. Smith's coffers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home