KPNV

in glob we blog

Friday, April 01, 2005

Kustom Kicks


Authentic Mongolian BBQ Posted by Hello

I've only ever been to one Mongolian BBQ and that was in Taka back in '97/'/98 with my JC classmates. It wasn't very Mongolian since there was like sushi and royal jelly and stuff. On my China trip last year, Wenhui really wanted to go to Inner Mongolia and live in a tent. Due to monetary concerns, that obviously didn't materialise. So that's how close I've ever been to an authentic Mongolian BBQ.

So anyway, Cool Hunting had this post on Puma's new Mongolian BBQ shoe concept. Basically its a super customizable shoe, with the consumer able to pick and choose all the fabrics and materials to go into the shoe. The pic above, showing how you can like pick and choose amongst the variety. I suppose some Puma guy was eating fake Mongolian BBQ at Taka and thought this up.

I don't know alot about Mongolian BBQ as I explained earlier. I do suppose it has to do with, choice, selection and variety and also, letting a chef cook it for you, unlike Korean BBQ, where you do it yourself. So in the same way, you choose your fabrics and stuff, whilst a poor kid from the third world/Puma exec stitches it up into a fresh new pair of kicks.

I don't imagine this would possibly come to Singapore, although if it did, I'm sure everything would be gone in seconds. I always wanted to customize my own shoes. Haha maybe if Camper had this kinda service, I'd be flying to Spain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home