KPNV

in glob we blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

At long last

My parents were never really big on buying gaming consoles for me and my brother. I used to have a Sega Genesis and an SNES but that was it. The computer was enough according to them. My poor brother didn't get to even use my old systems, cos a wire or adapter was missing or the thing was just too damn old, moldy cartridges and dusty controllers. He did get my old Gameboy, and after that he got a Gameboy Advance as a gift from a generous family friend. We never had the holy grail of gaming. The Playstation.

Until now! Muahahaha! My cousin handed over his PS2 for us to have until the end of the year, when my parents will probably get my brother a PSP. So anyway, I was pretty happy when we got it, and started banging out on Tekken Tag and DOA2. Since I already had Winning Eleven 8 on PC, WE 7 seemed a bit redundant. Plus I wasn't really used to the controls. Metal Gear Solid, amongst several other games, were all in Japanese, hence limiting my ability to play them well. Just when I thought oh well its not such a big deal, I found Gran Turismo 3.

My god. This is a bloody gorgeous driving simulation. Super realistic and with the idea that you can drive a crapload of real life cars, including some of my favourites like the Audi TT, Mini Cooper and the Peugeot 206. I was in love. This was like heaven and I kept creeping out of working on my project to play this on the weekend. I've stopped now but I really can't wait to get back on it. I played to a point where I got 2 licenses and a souped up EVO VII. Not bad but I decided to start over and collect lots of cars this time round.

So now I'm looking forward to landing all the cars I love. And Gran Turismo 4. Which has got even more cars that I love and a manager-like racing system so you don't have to race yourself. Can't wait to get that or perhaps even the PSP version although I figure I'd probably want the PSX and a nice steering wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home