KPNV

in glob we blog

Friday, April 29, 2005

KOTOR 2


Darth Cow Skull Posted by Hello
Some time back, I remember getting all Star Wars mad all of a sudden and going out to get Knights Of The Old Republic, an RPG game where you control a Jedi. That game was made by Bioware, famous for its line of previous products and much to my delight, I found the game thoroughly enjoyable. Not to mention the fact that it had a better storyline than Episodes 1 and 2. (I'm holding out for #3 to come out before I slam it.)
So here comes KOTOR 2, which isn't made by Bioware but by Obsidian and using the same interface, rules and game format. Its much the same really, you discover more and more about yourself, pick up characters along the way, plot twists abound and lots of saber wielding. I actually prefer the first installment, because the combat seemed more engaging. This time round, even the bosses fell swiftly to my immense powers. Last time out, I had trouble dispatching Sith Apprentices. Whilst the first installment had romances and interesting characters, KOTOR 2 has a system in which you influence your comrades, who can be turned on or off by your actions and everything you do can have different consequences. Also notable is that you can actually have your very own Jedi Apprentices amongst your various allies.
Overall, I did enjoy KOTOR 2 immensely, and particularly fell in love with blasting the crap out of enemies with my lightning, a la The Emperor. Plus, this time round, its easier to get the color of saber you want. I settled for silver and viridian, since they were like the new colors. I went with a light side good guy since its always easier to play the good side first, get a hang of the game and then try being evil. Two sabers up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home