KPNV

in glob we blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Before the Matrix


Ghostly! Posted by Hello
Before the Matrix trilogy, (They shouldn't have made it a trilogy. The first one was good. After that it was fucking crap) there was Ghost In The Shell. A story about a sexy babe who does funky things to the internet.
Seconds into the opening as I sat in awe at the Empress theatre circa 1998 (or 97 i can't remember!), Singapore Film Festival (tickets courtesy of mom), Major Kusanagi strips off as she jumps off a building. Wide eyed for the next 90 minutes or so, with Hunn next to me, I watched one of the defining Japanese animations of all time.
The sequel to the first movie, Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence has been out for a while now. It also recently came into possession of Tze, who promptly burned it onto some cds, which are now with Hunn, the guy I watched the first installment with, who will now burn me a copy. (hooray for kaizokus all over)
Incidentally, I still haven't watched Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, which is a series. Maybe wif BT, I'll get on that soon. But first, the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home