KPNV

in glob we blog

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Clockwork Orange

Mmm. Just watched Clockwork Orange. Finally, after so bloody long. Looked high and low for it back when I was still a teenager. Got it in my hands last year. Put it on a shelf, never to be seen again. Went to China, got the DVD. Came back home, and finally I watch it.

Its a great film, touching on morality like. I love the framing, long shots and all. Love the sets, the language, the music, the rhythm... Its beautiful, weird, strange, absurd, silly, thought provoking... I don't see it as really being ultraviolent... *some Japanese movies are probably worse* I just saw the violence the way it was portrayed, matter of factly, not entirely grotesque, and with some measure of style.

Maybe I viddy something of myself in Alex, the protagonist. Maybe everyone has the same slanted, selfish mentality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home